I am Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) at the Department of Computing of the University of Surrey in United Kingdom and Head of the Cryptographic Protocols Group at the Technische Universität Darmstadt in Germany.
As Principal Investigator I am further affiliated with two research centers:
- Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt (CASED)
- European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC SPRIDE)
My research focuses on applied cryptography, security, and privacy:
- Authentication and Key Management
- Anonymity and Privacy
- Cryptographic Protocols (design and analysis)
- (Formal) Security Models and Proofs
- Multi-Party Cryptography
- Network Security (incl. web security, network access control)
- Security in Distributed Systems (incl. p2p networks, social networks)
- Wireless Security (incl. mobile/ad-hoc/mesh networks, roaming)
- User-centric Security, ...